Minimum Requirements for the Federal Skilled Trades Program

  • You should have at least two years of work experience in the last 5 years
  • You must prove your language proficiency by submitting test results of an approved English or a French language test
  • You must meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • You need to have an offer of full-time employment for at least one year or a certificate of qualification

Skilled Trades

Skilled Trades currently eligible are organized under these major and minor groups of the NOC:

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.

Are you eligible? Ask us for assessment »

You must be admissible to Canada and you must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Do you need more information? Contact us »